Load balancing is very important for your business to run smoothly, manage high traffic amounts, prevent possible attacks, and more. Efficient solutions to manage this aspect of the business are worthy of trying. Do you know what Cloud-based load balancing is and the benefits it can provide?
What is Cloud-based load balancing?
Cloud-based load balancing is a SaaS (software as a service) solution for balancing the DNS traffic through the use of multiple nameservers. It distributes computing resources and workloads in a cloud computing environment.
Cloud-based load balancing can use a very simple method of traffic control called Round-Robin. In it, the only important aspect is the order of requests to the network. It also could be a far more complicated involving weight on different nameservers, taking into account the number of connected devices to a computer and more.
A load balancer could have a DNS traffic monitor and DNS failover for advanced switching in case of a temporary failure.
Benefits of Cloud-based load balancing.
- Cloud load balancing is easier to implement than on-premise equipment. With cloud-based load balancing, everything (hardware and software) is set up already for you only to configure specific actions that your business demands.
- By its nature (cloud environment), it offers more redundancy than on-premise solutions. Usually, providers have wide networks with available resources across multiple countries and around the globe. This guarantees flexibility and continuity (up-time) for your business.
- Scaling the service up or down based on your business demands is not only easy but fast, even during sudden traffic spikes.
- Its cost is lower than on-premise solutions for load balancing. Being a SaaS service, you don’t have to worry about getting hardware, its size, features, capability, space to store it, maintenance, etc. This can be a lot of money for your business’ budget. Besides, this service scales as much as your traffic grows or reduces, meaning you only have to pay for what you need.
- Access no matter your location. Since the DNS load balancing solution lives in the cloud, just like your web application, access is possible from wherever you can have a connection to the Internet. You can adjust and manage your load balancing via an application programming interface (API) or graphical user interface (GUI) if you prefer to access it through a browser.
- It enhances performance. Having traffic, work, and resources balanced positively impacts the general performance of the network.
- Efficient management of traffic. As soon as your traffic grows, it is distributed across different networks and devices. No more crashing for your website! Thousands, even millions of visitors per second, can be served without overwhelming the whole system due to the proficient distribution.
- Traffic spikes won’t be a problem. Too many users’ requests for simultaneously accessing the same website can be harsh to manage. It can normally happen during a promotion or special sale, but it can also be a serious sign of an attack attempt. Cloud load balancing can manage such spikes as soon as they are detected without affecting the general performance. The loads will be distributed across different resources for you not to experience sluggishness or downtime.
- It helps to prevent breakdowns and efficiently strengthens your security defenses in case of cyberattacks.
- It provides stability, and therefore reliability to your system.
Cloud-based load balancing is an efficient solution to improve your domain’s DNS resolution, gain better up-time, and much more. So try it and let all these benefits work for you, improving your website or application results!